Meet The Team
Renew Sports Rehab - Physical Therapy
Dr. Isaac Auyeung, PT, DPT, OCS, SCS, CSCS, Cert. SMT, Cert. DN, XPS
Dr. Isaac Auyeung is a NorCal native that graduated from UCLA and then completed his doctoral training in physical therapy at Mount St. Mary’s University, Los Angeles. During his time in PT school, Dr. Isaac served as a teacher assistant for 1st and 2nd year PT doctoral students in their upper quarter orthopedics and healthcare procedures classes. He continues to guest lecture a couple times a year as a way to give back to the next generation of physical therapists. He was also awarded a Graduate Merit Scholarship for academic excellence. Upon graduating as one of the top students in his class, Dr. Isaac was accepted into Kaiser Permanente Southern California’s highly competitive orthopedic physical therapy residency program. During this year of advanced training, he participated in clinical mentoring from some of the nation’s top physical therapists, conducted a research case series presentation on extension mobility for spinal stenosis, and provided pro-bono physical therapy services for the underserved community at the Venice Free Clinic. Upon completion of the residency and passing examination, Dr. Isaac became board certified in orthopedic physical therapy (OCS), nationally recognized as a specialist in the field. He furthered his expertise as a movement specialist through Azusa Pacific University’s Movement and Performance Fellowship and achieved board certification as a sports clinical specialist (SCS) that same year. He is passionate about bridging the gap between rehab and performance and has experience working with professional athletes in the NBA, MLB, NFL, English Premier League, and AVP. Dr. Isaac strongly believes in empowering individuals to take control of their pain and functional limitations to return to and excel in the activities they love.
Along with his extensive physical therapy background, Dr. Isaac is also a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association and an EXOS Certified Performance Specialist (XPS), which qualifies him to help athletes of all ages to develop and achieve high-level performance-based goals that extend beyond traditional rehabilitation. He is also certified in Spinal Manipulative Therapy (SMT) and Dry Needling (DN) through the American Academy of Manipulative Therapy. Furthermore, he is an emergency responder and volunteers as a medical provider with events including high school sports, AVP pro beach volleyball, and international hip-hop dance competitions. In his free time, Dr. Isaac enjoys playing guitar, working out, bouldering, snowboarding, and playing badminton and soccer. He completed the LA marathon in 2018 and has also dabbled in CrossFit. He also loves spending time with his wife and daughter, his cats Chloe and Miso, and his church family.
- Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Sports Physical Therapy (SCS) – After completion of over 2,000 hours and passing rigorous examination, the SCS certification designates an expert in athletic injury management, including acute care, treatment, rehabilitation, prevention, and education
- Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy (OCS) – Recognized by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties as individuals whose clinical specialization in orthopedic physical therapy demonstrates knowledge, skill and experience exceeding that of an entry level physical therapist
- Certified in Spinal Manipulative Therapy – Consists of 60 hours of hands-on training in exclusively high-velocity low-amplitude thrust manipulation techniques of all spinal and pelvic articulations. Passed the Spinal Manipulation Institute’s comprehensive oral, practical, and written examination to be awarded the Certification in Spinal Manipulative Therapy
- Certified Movement Links Specialist – Certified Movement Links Specialists (MLS) are physical therapists who have successfully completed the Movement Links course series and undergone the certification testing program. They have been trained in a systematic process to identify and manage both the source and contributing factors to musculoskeletal pain dysfunctions. Movement Links Specialists have demonstrated proficient knowledge, skills and clinical reasoning with regard to the application of movement-based approaches to assess and treat musculoskeletal pain dysfunctions.
- Emergency Response for the Athlete – This course by Cogent Steps, LLC has been deliberately designed and tailored for physical therapist and athletic training students, licensed providers in athletic training, nursing, physical therapy, and physicians, who want specialized training in sideline and venue emergency management of the athlete
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment – The SFMA is a clinical assessment for those who experience pain, using a movement-based diagnostic system which systematically finds the cause of pain – not just the source – by logically breaking down dysfunctional movement patterns in a structured, repeatable assessment
- Functional Movement Screen – Certified to use the FMS screening tool, based on objective and validated standards, to identify limitations or asymmetries through the measurement of seven fundamental movement patterns in individuals with no current pain or known musculoskeletal injury
- Fundamental Capacity Screen – Certified to evaluate movement control, postural control, explosive control, and impact control to best determine the transition between movement competency and specific skill development
- PWR!Moves Certified Therapist – PWR!Moves is a Parkinson’s Disease-specific skill training program created by Dr. Becky Farley to maintain or restore skills that deteriorate and interfere with everyday movements. It is a flexible and functional amplitude-focused exercise approach that targets multiple symptoms (rigidity, bradykinesia, incoordination loss of automaticity), and that allows for adaptation for disease severity
- Functional Range Conditioning Mobility Specialist – Functional Range Conditioning (FRC) is an evidence-based training system created by Andreo Spina, DC, that utilizes end-range, high-intensity isometric contractions to improve joint health, function, and performance. FRC is currently being used by trainers and athletes in the PGA, MLB, NFL, NHL, MLS, NBA and UFC
- Functional Range Release – Spine – FR® Release is an advanced and comprehensive system of musculoskeletal assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation. Functional Range Release® certification seminars consist of 3 days of in-class, hands on training, along with mandatory online lecture material outlining the scientific basis for the system
- Titleist Performance Institute – Certified Golf Fitness Instructor – TPI is an evidence-based, educational pathway designed to teach industry professionals how to increase player performance through a deep understanding of how the body functions during the golf swing. The results of TPI’s physical assessment screen are correlated with the player’s swing characteristics to optimize player performance
- EXOS Performance Specialist – EXOS (formerly known as Athletes’ Performance) is a world-renown human performance company that uses an evidence-based and field-tested approach to produce elite athletes. It emphasizes the integration of mindset, nutrition, movement, and recovery
- NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist – Certified by the National Academy of Sports Medicine to help people achieve their sports performance goals by training safely and effectively
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist – Certified by the National Academy of Sports Medicine to address muscle imbalances with corrective exercises to prevent poor movement strategies and decrease risk of future injury
- Certified Provider of Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation – Educated in the scientific literature behind blood flow restriction training and clinical application of the Delfi Personalized Tourniquet System
- Active Release Technique – Upper Extremity (expired) – ART is a patented, state of the art soft tissue system/movement-based massage technique developed by P. Michael Leahy, DC, CCSP, that treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia, and nerves
- RockTape Performance Taping – 2-part kinesiology taping certification led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy. Fascial Movement Taping is based on the obvious yet largely overlooked concept of muscles acting as a chain
- Certified HawkGrips Practitioner Level II – Certified to use state-of-the-art instruments for soft tissue mobilization with movement to address tendinopathy, ligament sprains, muscle length deficits and muscle performance
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist – Certified by the National Strength and Conditioning Association to design and implement strength training and conditioning programs for college and professional level athletes
Want To Get Relief Faster?
Choose which option works best for you.